Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Media Disaster: Dishonest/Dishonorable Sister Prejean Documentary?

 To: Dominic Sivyer, Producer, Sister Prejean Documentary, Passion Pictures

BCC: Passion Pictures, NBCUniversal & Sit Richard Branson
thousands of reporters & Catholic institutions around the world
 
RE: Dishonest/Dishonorable Sister Prejean Documentary? We will see.
 
 
From:  Dudley Sharp, independent researcher, death penalty expert, former opponent, 832-439-2113, CV at bottom
 
Dear Dominic:
 
In reply to your email, below.
 
Preface
 
Passion Pictures' Foundation For a Dishonest/Dishonorable Documentary?
 
We'll have to wait and see. I cannot predict the future but you have, certainly, made a mess of it, so far.
 
1) 4/12 emails:   As I made clear in my first replies (two on 4/12), I asked about production/editorial issues, as anti-death penalty documentaries are, universally, one sided, as I stated that NBC is, inclusive of my complete rebuttals or counters to all of
a) Sir Richard Branson, undoubtedly in the documentary, 
b)  Prejean, and
c) all anti-death penalty claims,
all as provided
 
none of which you or India mentioned or reviewed, with me, as I requested, over the next 27 days.
 
Those two emails documented anti-death penalty lies, deceptions, omissions and/or astounding willful ignorance. Prejean has been an expert in this field for 40 years.
 
Never did you nor India, nor others at Passion Pictures nor NBCUniversal, nor Prejean nor Branson respond to those precise, relevant issues, which seems to indicate no interest in
a) reviewing them, as you did not or
b), as I predict, reviewing them in a balanced manner, with me, as I requested, with no reply, and/or within the documentary, as my concern is clear, again, with no reply on those specific issues, as requested.
 
What are the chances of a complete rebuttal and counters of Sir Branson, Sister Prejean and the anti-death penalty movement, in the documentary? Zero? 

======
The Death Penalty: A Repudiation of Journalism, by Journalists?
======
 
2) 4/25 email  "As I have insisted, throughout, fact checking, vetting, with critical thinking are required." "Passion Pictures seems uninterested, as you mentioned not, again."
 
As I wrote earlier, below: " My challenge to you was to read "all" the (Sr. Prejean) material below (while fact checking, vetting and using critical thinking) and then to write back to me as to how your documentary would handle that."
 
"You did not. It has been 11 days (now 14). Evidently, that is of no concern."
 
"As I stated, to you and Dominic, earlier, my concern is that Passion Pictures will be tempted to be as dishonest as Sister Prejean. Passion Pictures lack of specific replies, as requested, furthers and strengthens that concern."
 
You have now, cemented that concern, dis-inviting me to participate in the documentary, while evading any replies to those, specific requests and failing to answer, nor mention, all the specific, relevant questions I asked, for 14 days.
 
Why? I presume because you have zero interest in making them a part of your documentary. We will wait and see.
 
Conclusion
 
I predict that your documentary will be as I feared and NBCUniversal, Passion Pictures, Sir Branson and Sister Prejean have acted in a fashion to support that concern.
 
As I told you, I know this debate. You do not. And, maybe I know you, as well. I hope my predictions are wrong.
 
We will just have to wait and see.   
 
======
600+ pro death penalty quotes from murder victim's families &
3300+ from some of the greatest thinkers in history
====== 
======
 
Additional research,w/sources, w/fact checking/vetting & critical thinking, as required of everyone.  
 
The Death Penalty: Justice & Saving More Innocents
and
Students, Academics & Journalists: Death Penalty Research
(7 pro-death penalty experts are included)
======
 
Partial CV